Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year







Happy New Year, bloggers. We hope everyone is ready to see what God plans to accomplish in 2010.






We had a great Christmas at home. We enjoyed watching the girls open their Christmas presents. Ava was awesome as an angel in the Christmas play at church. Addison continues to progress in sitting up and attempting to crawl.






New Years was great. I worked New Years Eve night. We are truly blessed to both have new jobs during the economic slump. We had a big treat on New Years Day. Sarah and Mike Leech came for a visit. As you know, Sarah is a part of our family. She was with us every step of the way while in the hospital. I fell in love with her within the first week or so of Addison's hospitalization. Sarah is the PCICU Nurse of the Year. I am so proud of her. She is a great asset to MUSC. Ava even named her kitty after her! (Of course, we love everyone at MUSC!)

All of Addison's therapies should be in full swing soon. It takes a while to transfer everything from state to state. We go back to the dietician, cardiologist, and pediatrician late in the month. Ava J is still enjoying school. She enjoys going to the movie theather. She has already seen Alvin and the Chipmucks-the Squeakal, twice.

As a couple, Adam and I, enjoyed our time together over the Christmas season. I am truly thankful for my husband. He is the greatest.

I received a silver necklace last night from a great friend. It is silver and has a boxing glove charm on it to remind me of my MIRACLE, Rocky. I love it!!!

We are living life and loving it. We are debt free due to circumstances that we could not avoid, a baby in the hospital for over 5 months. Adam and I sat down on Jan. 1st and finalized our budget. We are following Dave Ramsey's plan on building wealth, how amazing that Stan preached on Malachi Sunday. We believe that God has blessed us because of our willingness to submit to him and give our tithes. Our prayer is that others will submit to God, especially in the money department. The Lord Almighty is amazing! A friend said I should become a financial advisor-sounds interesting. I can tell you what NOT to do and how to prepare a budget-then I will show you a cheat sheet from Dave Ramsey, haha.

Please continue to pray for Josiah, Jonathan, Becca, Aaron, Carys, Lawson and Tagg.

Please pray for my bestest, Deana, who is a missionary in Russia. She fell and broke her leg in two places yesterday. She is waiting on the MDs to decide if she has to have surgery to repair the break.
As always, God is good!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...These pics are great! May your family have a blessed 2010! Love ya'll...Mean It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog!!! Isn't Sarah the BESTEST??? We love her to pieces, too!

    Always praying for little Rocky! She looks amazing!

    Love to you~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics!! we both really enjoyed the visit too!!! love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete